Iyana Martin Carrion had 24 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds as host Spain beat Canada 77-70 in the women’s under-19 basketball World Cup semifinal on Saturday in Madrid.
Awa Fam also had 17 points and 8 boards for Spain, which will meet the United States in Sunday’s final.
Toby Fournier led the way for Canada with 20 points and 7 rebounds.
WATCH | Fournier chats with CBC Sports:
The Canadians will play France for bronze, also on Sunday.
The home side ultimately hung on, winning the game at the free-throw line in the late stages.
The defending-champion U.S. beat France 80-57 earlier on Saturday.
- Emma Koabel — Port Colborne, Ont.
- Cassandre Prosper — Montreal
- Syla Swords — Sudbury, Ont.
- Jasmine Bascoe — Milton, Ont.
- Delaney Gibb — Raymond, Alta.
- Mary-Anna Asare — Pickering, Ont.
- T’yana Todd — Toronto
- Marah Dykstra — Vancouver
- Toby Fournier — Toronto
- Achol Akot — Ottawa
- Ajok Deng Obed Madol — Regina
- Jada Bediako — Brampton, Ont.