The summer transfer window continues to ramp up once again with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham all on the hunt for more huge deals as they continue preparations for the new season. Arsenal had looked set to move for Mohammed Kudus at Ajax, though it seems that Chelsea are now hijacking their switch for the Ghana international, just as they did with winger Mykhailo Mudryk back in January.
Chelsea are also said to have launched a very ambitious move to sign Kylian Mbappe, whose feud with Paris Saint-Germain is getting ugly, as they also near a deal for Elye Wahi at Montpellier. Manchester United are chasing a new striker after signing Andre Onana and have named their price for Rasmus Hojlund and also received a new boost in the race for Napoli’s Victor Osimhen.
There is another development in the Harry Kane to Bayern Munich saga, while Tottenham want defenders Edmond Tapsoba and Micky van de Ven. Jordan Henderson has completed a medical ahead of his controversial transfer to Al-Ettifaq as Liverpool line up Romeo Lavia and Manchester City are closing in on Josko Gvardiol. Follow all the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!
Zaha confirms Galatasaray move
Well that pretty much settles it.
Galatasaray confirmed earlier today that they had entered talks with Wilfried Zaha over a free transfer, and the forward has now sent a message to the club’s fans.
That deal is set to be wrapped up very soon.
Liverpool consider Palhinha
Liverpool are eyeing a potential move for Joao Palhinha.
The Reds remain in the market for a central midfielder and are keen on Romeo Lavia, but it’s now reported that Liverpool could also try and bring Fulham’s Palhinha to Anfield.
Football journalist Sacha Tavolieri claims that it’s Liverpool currently leading the race for the midfielder, and hope to get a deal done for a fee in the region of €60m.
Chelsea interest in Olise
Chelsea and Man City are considering making a move for Michael Olise.
The Crystal Palace winger is currently out injured, and Fabrizio Romano reports the two clubs are waiting for much information.
It’s claimed that Olise has a £35m release clause – plenty of clubs going to be keen at that price!
Hudson-Odoi pushes for move
Callum Hudson-Odoi is keen to leave Chelsea as soon as possible having been stuck training with the Under-21s for the last three weeks, writes Nizaar Kinsella.
The 22-year-old has agreed personal terms with Fulham and has given them the green light to complete a move this summer.
Chelsea have, however, been trying to drive up the price and invited Lazio into the race to provide competition in the race. Maurizio Sarri is pushing Lazio’s interest after giving Hudson-Odoi his debut at Chelsea.
Lazio are yet to contact Hudson-Odoi directly as they weigh up a potential loan move that would include an obligation to buy.
Read more on that here!
Wilfried Zaha agrees Galatasaray deal
Wilfried Zaha is heading to Galatasaray.
The Turkish giants took the unusual step this afternoon of officially announcing that they are in negotiations to sign the former Crystal Palace talisman, who is a free agent after his contract at Selhurst Park expired last month.
Crystal Palace had been confident of re-signing Zaha, having tabled a new contract offer worth £200,000 a week amid other interest from the likes of Galatasaray’s biggest rivals Fenerbahce plus Lazio and Saudi club Al-Nassr.
However, Fabrizio Romano says that the Ivory Coast international is set to sign a three-year contract at Galatasaray, with a medical booked and agreement reached.
A huge blow for Palace and Roy Hodgson.
Silva to stay at Fulham
Marco Silva is set to remain at Fulham after signalling his intent to turn down a big-money offer from Saudi Arabia.
The 46-year-old refused to publicly confirm his desire to stay at Fulham on Saturday as he continues to leverage Al Ahli’s interest, but he is widely expected to stay in the Premier League.
Silva wants to take Fulham to the next level and the Cottagers are set to sign a host of his transfer targets next week, including Raul Jimenez, Calvin Bassey and Mohammed Salisu.
Jimenez set for Fulham move
Fulham are closing in on the £5.5million move for Wolves striker Raul Jimenez, writes Nizaar Kinsella.
The 32-year-old has left his club’s training camp in Portugal to complete a move to west London.
It remains unclear whether Jimenez will serve as a replacement for talisman Aleksandar Mitrovic, after the Serbian told Fulham he wanted to move to Al-Hilal.
Mitrovic is frustrated with Fulham after they turned down several bids rising to £40m, denying him the chance to triple his £120,000-a-week wages in Saudi Arabia.
Click here for the full story!
Newcastle have confirmed the signing of winger Harvey Barnes.
The 25-year-old has arrived from Leicester for a fee in the region of £38m, signing a five-year contract at St James’ Park.
“I’m delighted. It’s an amazing club and for me it’s a massive opportunity to come and be involved in a successful team that’s doing exciting things, so I’m absolutely buzzing to be here,” Barnes said.
“I think it’s an attacker’s dream to come into a team like this; it’s high paced, it’s physically demanding, but you can see the rewards of that with the chances and the goals scored, so I think I’ll certainly suit the style.”
Chelsea close in on Elye Wahi deal
Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Elye Wahi, reports claim.
The highly-rated Montpellier striker, 20, emerged last week as the latest transfer target for Mauricio Pochettino’s Stamford Bridge rebuild.
Wahi is another player to have previously been linked with Arsenal after a breakout campaign in Ligue 1.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Chelsea are now nearing an agreement for the player, who is set to stay in France on loan at partner club Strasbourg.
Pochettino confirms Chelsea’s Levi Colwill decision
Levi Colwill is set to remain at Chelsea this summer.
The England Under-21 defender had been linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge after a fine season on loan at Brighton, who want him back on a permanent basis.
However, Chelsea have high hopes for Colwill, who has an even more important role to play now with both Wesley Fofana and Benoit Badiashile sidelined.
Mauricio Pochettino has now confirmed that the 20-year-old academy graduate will remain at the club, tipping him to become one of the best in the country at his position.
“He is going to continue with us,” Pochettino said after last night’s seven-goal pre-season friendly thriller against Brighton in Philadelphia.
“I am happy with him, his performance was good today, better than what I expected because it is only the first game with us after the season with Brighton. I am so happy, he can be one of the greatest centre-backs in England.”